My Response to Week 2: Illustration + Storytelling

There are many ways a story can be interpreted whether its by word or by picture. Unlike the many picture books I read out there, "Asterios Polyp" surprised me with yet another approach to storytelling. There was not a dull moment that passed by as I read Asterios story from past to present back and forth, not aware of what philosophy entailed, I was intrigued and drawn page after page. I realized that I was not going to get a full explanation that would give me closure in some aspect, a little disappointed but nonetheless I respect the decisions made.

At this very moment, storytelling applies to every aspect of my life. As I make my way towards a store to buy groceries, I walk past tons of people that end up leaving me intrigued wondering why their here in the first place. A man with a tattered old shirt and jeans covered in oil, slowly stumbles his way towards the empty gas station as static traffic continuously honk at him. Just one of many that could be applied to illustrations, films, books, animations, comics and etc. To me storytelling is an endless cycle wherever I go, as soon as I walk out of the door, lock my bike up to get to class, order a dark roast coffee with no milk, it starts for me. As I currently write everything down, I consider observations of both others and myself that will eventually find its connection to my writing.

Comments